The Beeston Rylands Methodist Church

In 1951, a local shoe retailer, Mr A. W. Pounder, established a mission on Victory Road.

The mission was built on gardens at the back of houses along Meadow Road.

Mr Pounder was terminally ill and so he handed the mission over free of charge to the Methodist Church in 1955.

The first service of this 'new' Methodist Church was taken by Rev Frank W. Hargreaves in January 1956.

In the late 1970's, alterations on the building were started including changing the coke boiler for electric heating, creating two rooms at the front of the church, getting rid of the outside shed and loos, and building an extension.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict
Valid CSS!